Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wallowing

          I have already been worrying about/dreading Christmas for weeks. And it is only October. I just cannot imagine how it will look without Hank. This Christmas was going to be so different for Nathan and I with our new baby. And in my sinful ways, I have been worrying over this day that is still so far in the future and just plain feeling sorry for myself.

        There is an organization called Hope Mommies for mothers who's babies have gone on before them. It was started by Erin Cushman after her baby Gwendolyn went to be with Jesus. Erin's blog has inspired me, she is always writing just what I need to hear. Today, on the Hope Mommies blog, I read her challenge to give Hope this holiday season.

"It is too easy to allow ourselves to wallow in our grief and want to be served. But what if we bless others by GIVING and proclaim the Hope of Christ this season louder than our grief!" 


Amen... I have been wallowing. Feeling sad for myself for a day that hasn't even happened yet. It is so nice to have someone to change your focus. And it is amazing how much better you feel when you stop focusing on yourself and start doing for others. 

I'm looking forward to the challenge, and pray that I can speak my HOPE louder than my GRIEF. 

4 comments:

Whitney Cypert said...

Hey Marsha! I just wanted to let you know that you and Nathan are still in my prayers. I am so sorry you are having to go through this...I can't even imagine. I am glad that you are blogging about it and getting your feelings out. I'm sure that helps! Keep smiling and hanging in there sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

We are thinking of you and praying for you daily. Keep looking to HIM and family for support. We are here for you! Love you,,, Robin

Marsha said...

Whitney,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment. Thank you for your sweet words and so so much for the prayers. I really appreciate your continued thoughtfulness and prayers. It means a lot!

Marsha said...

Robin,
Thank yall for the prayers and words of encouragement. Please keep it up.... as time passes, we still need the prayers. Thanks a lot!
Much Love,
Marsha