Wednesday, July 25, 2012

1 Week Old!

I have some catching up to do on my blog. It seems my baby girl is very hard to tear myself away from.... even if it is just to write about her. But, I want to keep up with everything she is doing since this is our family's scrapbook.
3 Saturdays ago, My girl turned one week old! I cannot believe it. I wanted to cry. OK, I did cry.


Here She is at one week old





This was a busy week for Lorabelle. 

She came into this world on  Saturday, June 23



She was welcomed by lots of friends and family












She already had her Daddy wrapped around her finger the first day!



Monday morning, June 25, we got to go home!



I loved on my Murphy who was not happy with me being gone so long!


 Sammy checking out the new family member...





Arriving home with our baby girl was such an emotional moment for me



That night, she also got her first bath at home.







She didn't care for it....


And needed lots of lovin from Momma when we were done


I love this sweet face!


Then she got her hair brushed by Auntie


And loved on by Meme


Much thanks to Meme who bought us groceries, cooked, and took care of things along with my sister when we came home!


She had to wear her little mitties the first week because she kept scratching her face really bad, and she couldn't have a scratched up face for her newborn pictures! 


 Our friend Cindy was coming on Friday to take her pictures as her baby gift, so that morning she had her first outing to Kid's Village to get some bows. While we were there, her Auntie bought her the fabulous hat seen below.Then we spent the afternoon having our pictures taken by Miss Cindy. Isn't she so talented?!?



And isn't my girl beautiful?


Lorabelle, I have not been able to take my eyes off of you or put you down all week. I didn't sleep the night after you were born... I was too busy staring at you. Every second without sleep is worth it when these eyes are looking at you! You and your brother are my greatest joys and I thank God over and over again for both of you. You have brought light into my life and I pray that the Lord will guide me in raising you to be one of His. I don't have words to tell you how much I love you. It's a love that grows every minute that I spend with you. 






Thank you so much for the wonderful pictures Cindy!

Lorabelle and I are reading the Psalms together, we haven't gotten this far yet, but I love this verse.
Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.

1 comment:

HJHPitts said...

Marsha she is absolutely beautiful and you look great too! congrats to you and Nathan!!!!