Sunday, October 9, 2011

He is Mighty to Save

        We serve a Mighty, Powerful God. He can make the blind see, tell the lame to get up and walk and they do, he can raise the dead, he even breathed life into dirt to make man. He is a Miracle Maker. This makes me in complete awe of Him..... but it also makes me mad at Him. Where is my miracle? Ask and you shall receive...... I asked and I was left heartbroken and betrayed. Does He not love me? Am I not worthy of a yes when I ask? Where is this loving and compassionate God that I'm always reading about? That can't be love. Taking my baby and leaving me there with a giant gaping hole in my heart and in my life.... that can't be Love. 

        But it is. It is a love that I could never comprehend it is so great and never ending. God has a plan for Hank's life, and mine, and Nathan's that is greater than I could ever imagine. I may never understand why this had to be the plan, and I may always have moments when I am mad at Him for it, but He will keep loving me. He loves me so much He sent His only son to die for me. Jesus is mighty to save! Even me who questions Him, gets angry at Him....disappoints Him day after day. He still loves me even when I don't love Him.
        He is mighty to save... He bled and died so that I could live Life Everlasting.

For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 6:23

No comments: