Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Love of the Body

          The Body of Christ is an amazing thing, and I cannot even count the ways that His body has provided for us and served for us. We have been loved on, cooked for, listened to, comforted, encouraged, thought about, given gifts, and been prayed for over and over and over again. The body is a gift, capable of amazing things when working as one.

                                           Things like this.... with less than 12 hours to prepare:

      
       I was shocked when we pulled up to the church for Hank's funeral and saw all of these cars:

 It was less than 12 hours between the time Hank passed and the time we celebrated his life. I am both humbled and honored at the lengths that both our related and church families went to, to come together to make it happen.


I often think my gifts or my role in the Body of Christ is insignificant. If you have ever felt that way too, I humbly tell you it is not. Every single act of service that has been done for us, has been significant. Now matter how small you thought it was, I assure you it has impacted us. You all humble me and surprise me, and fill me. Thank you for each and every thought, action, and prayer.

No comments: