Monday, October 10, 2011

Running From the Pain

         This weekend, Nathan and I went to San Antonio and stayed on the river walk. We stayed in an amazing resort, right on the river. We needed to get out of town and away from our everyday lives. The funny thing is though..... there's just no getting away from the pain. No matter how far you go, or how many things you fill your day with, it is always there. It has a way of following you around no matter where you are or what you are doing.
         We spend most of last night crying and thinking about our Hank (OK, I did most of the crying).  Everywhere we go, I am thinking about what we would be doing with Hank. How is it possible to miss someone this much that I knew for such a short time? And I am always surprised by the physical hurt of grief. We I am crying for him, I feel like my heart must truly be broken in half. When the pain is that intense, all that I can do is take a deep breath and remember that he was created for things greater than I can understand.

           But, oh... I would give anything to kiss this sweet face.




        

No comments: