Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Week 2 with the cutest baby I know

Time flew by at the speed of light and I closed my eyes for just a second and Lorabelle was already 2 weeks old!




Monday Lorabelle went to her first doctor's appointment when she was 9 days old.
She weighed in at 7 pounds 13.5 oz, just about back to her birth weight already! That is no surprise the way she likes to eat though. Some days she just eats and eats and eats. I love the way she picks her head up after she eats and then just drops it down on my chest with a big contented sigh. Her after nursing faces are some of my favorite. She is just so stinking cute!


She received a perfect bill of health, and did so good getting her heal pricked for her second PKU test. After telling us how healthy she was, the doctor said he'd see us back in 2 months to start her shots. I'm already dreading that for her : ( . I hate for her to have to feel bad from her shots. 

 

Tuesday, we celebrated Hank's Birthday



We were so thankful to have her in our arms on this day



Wednesday was the Fourth of July


I kiss these cheeks a hundred times a day
 

And Thursday was Hank's Heaven Day

Friday, we went to visit Auntie in San Angelo. It was so fun, and Auntie spoiled her with new outfits!
She also got us this picture of Hank's Well for his birthday.


And, Lorabelle met our good friend Helen. I used to clean and run errands for Helen when I was in college. Helen is a character! I wish you could all know her... We love Helen!







Saturday, when she turned 2 weeks old, she lost her umbilical cord and had a big girl belly button. Momma was kind of sad : (. 


You had another eventful week Lorabelle, and you somehow got cuter every day!
When we weren't busy celebrating this week, you spent your time looking adorable....



This girl loves to stretch more than any baby I've ever seen! Every time she wakes up, she stretches and stretches. 




These little pajamas are my favorites. She just looks so cute and so, so sweet in them, and when they don't fit anymore, I'm going to cry for 7 days.


Lovin on her Daddy after we got home from Hank's grave.



 Resting in her cradle that her pawpaw made her.



And in her car-seat with her little kitties on to keep her head from falling over so far it looks like it can't possibly still be attached to her body.


 Lorabelle, we had an amazing 2nd week home together! We are in awe of every little thing you do. You captivate us and fill our hearts!


No comments: