Thursday, July 5, 2012

Hank's Heaven Day

            I cannot believe it has been a year since I last held my baby boy. And what a year it has been.
I've had two children by c-section, recovered from HELLP syndrome, had a foot surgery, and got a blood clot. I laid to rest my firstborn son and my Grandmother. I worked, I got through another year of graduate school, we survived a year of firsts, and I cried....... a lot. We've mourned, we've celebrated, and we've remembered our firstborn. I've been encouraged by others who have lost children, and by those who haven't. I have been lifted up in prayer and often times carried through the day by my sister. I have been shown such amazing love from my family and friends who have chosen to remember Hank and talk about him, and celebrate his life. I got flowers from my Mom and Dad, my brother and his girlfriend, a blue balloon from my friend Cindy, and a card from Nathan's Dad for Hank's birthday. I got flowers from my sister for Hank's Heaven day. And tons of texts and comments on Facebook from people remembering my boy. Thank you Jesus for these sweet people who probably don't even know how sweet those gifts are to me. That has meant the world to me! I have made new friends, been surrounded by love from old ones, and have seen the hand of God at work in my life. I have held my beautiful newborn daughter and felt the incredible love of our Father through that gift. He is merciful!
           We have mourned deeply for our son, but we have also lived deeply and hoped deeply, and trusted fully in the Hope given to us by Jesus, that we will one day hold our son again. I look forward to that glorious day, and thank God for the opportunity to raise my daughter until that day comes. 

Happy one year in Heaven, baby. Momma loves you.

 
Through every step this year,  He has carried us.


Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade -- kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God's power.  (1 Peter 1:3-5)

1 comment:

Brooke and Clint Schuelke said...

What a beautifully written post and tribute to your precious Hank! I had tears in my eyes as I read thinking about how much can happen in a year. And what deep sorrow and tremendous joy can come from it all! I am so blessed to know you and thankful the Lord brought us together as friends through our tragedies! And even neater that we are walking the same path with 2 babies in one year! Not many moms can say that! I love you sweet friend and I rejoice and celebrate your sweet sons life with you! And pray for and celebrate your sweet daughters new life! How precious our children are!! Happy Birth and Heaven day Hank!! :-) Give my Blair a hug for me :-)