Friday, June 15, 2012

Hank's Well

              Remember when I told you about how our church family surprised us on Mother's Day by letting us know that they had all been contributing to a fund to have a well built in Hank's memory? Well I have some pictures of the well, and they are absolutely beautiful!! 

              The well was finished, and we were sent pictures within 2 weeks of them getting started on it. It was so fast! It's located in Uganda and provides clean drinking water to about 600 people! That's so amazing to me that because our little boy was so loved, 600 people that did not have access to clean water now do. I am so proud that his little life touched others to give and to improve the lives of others.

I love the look on the face of the little boy collecting water. He looks very mischievous and fun! 

                     It is  so cool to see Hank's name on a well so far away. And it is so cool to think about the people who come to visit this well daily, and to think about what their lives are like. I wonder if they see his name and wonder who he was... like I wonder about them. I wish I knew more about them. Like, what the papers are that they are holding.... so many of them are dressed alike that I wonder if it is a group of kids who took a break from school to come to the well. I wonder what kinds of things they are learning about.
 




 I just love seeing his name written.








I love this one.... she is just beautiful

 


                 I am so thankful to everyone who contributed in Hank's memory to do such an amazing thing...... What better way to honor a little child than by getting clean water to other children. My heart is full. 
                I hope to one day see this place in person and meet the people who drink from this well.


Luke 18: 16-17

But Jesus called the children to him and said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 17 Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

1 comment:

Blessed Mommy said...

That is awesome Marsha!