Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hank's First Birthday

             I cannot believe it has already been one year since my precious little boy was born. It has been a bittersweet day today, celebrating his life, but missing him like crazy. I have such a strong desire to touch his soft skin and hold him again, and to kiss his sweet little lips. I had kind of been hoping that Lorabelle would get to share her birthday with him, but God knew better than me what I needed. He is merciful and gave me my beautiful baby girl to fill my arms on this day.
             I am thankful that she shares his eyes, and the shape of his nose. I am thankful that I can still feel his lips every time I kiss hers. I am thankful for the gift of both of their lives and they have shaped me so much this past year. Hank has inspired me to be more loving, to truly enjoy every moment we are given, and to long for Jesus like I never have before.






God is so good to give us a daughter who we can see little bits of our son in.


We took some balloons out to Hank's grave to send up to him.


















It was really windy...







I told Nathan that those balloons floating so high made him seem really far away. Nathan reminded me that he's not, we can ask God to love on him for us any time.




And we sang Happy Birthday to him (as best we could through our tears), and prayed words of thanks for his life.


Thank you Lord for my children, they have so richly blessed my life. Thank you for getting us through this day, and allowing our hearts to celebrate and not just mourn. Though we still grieve, we are so thankful for Hank's life in Heaven!


Thank you to everyone who called, texted, sent flowers or a card to let us know you were thinking about our boy today. It truly means the world to us.


Happy birthday Hanky, momma sure misses you. I love you and I love that you're waiting on me in Heaven. Lord come quickly...

1 comment:

Blessed Mommy said...

Marsha, I am sitting here crying as I read this. My thoughts and prayers are with y'all. You are such a strong couple. Love the balloons for Hank. Happy Birthday, in Heaven, little man.