Thursday, June 21, 2012

So Surreal

Well, the nursery is ready, it's just missing one little thing........ our baby girl. And she will be here Saturday June 23!

I cannot wait to see her in this crib!


           I was hoping to not have another c-section, but with my blood pressure creeping up, my doctors have agreed that it is best for her to make an appearance soon.  And, since I have had a previous c-section, they are not comfortable inducing labor. When you induce, contractions come much stronger than they do when you go into labor naturally and that increases the risk of your uterus rupturing at the old incision line. So, it is not the birth that I had hoped for, but I'm just so thankful that she will be here soon!
              I was also really hoping that she would share her brother's birthday.  I thought that would be so sweet. But, I guess he is meant to have his own special day. His birthday is coming up really soon, and I have started feeling anxious about how we will spend that day. And worried that nothing I do will be special enough. I am trying to let those feelings go though and not be anxious about what that day will be like, just  trust that we will know what to do when the time comes. 

              She isn't sharing her brother's birthday, but she is sharing someone else's birthday..... my Dad's! My sister and I were born on our Papaw's birthday, my husband was born on his Papa's birthday, and she will be born on her Pawpaw's birthday. That's pretty amazing : ).

              It just hardly seems real that she will be here Saturday. So much has happened this year that it's hard to process and its hard to wrap my mind around the fact that I will be holding her soon. I am so very thankful for all of your prayers this year, I hope you will continue to pray for her safe arrival. And I hope that you will pray for me as her mother, that I will teach her to love the Lord with all of her heart and to trust in Him completely.

Lorabelle- 

              264 days I have carried you, prayed for you, hoped for you. And now here I am, less than two days from meeting you and it is just so surreal. I cannot believe that you will be laying in my arms. It is a moment I have prayed for and hoped for, before you were even created. I cannot wait to kiss your cheeks, and hold your little feet, and look into your eyes. I can't wait to feed you and hold you, and change your diaper, and yes, even wake up in the middle of the night to see your pretty face. And I wish so badly that your big brother would be meeting you on Saturday, but what a wonderful day it will be when we are all together again in Heaven. I can't wait to tell you about him and show you his pictures. I thank God for you my little girl, my much anticipated crown of beauty. 
                                                                                                      Love,
                                                                                                       Momma

No comments: