Thursday, June 14, 2012

Showered in Blessings

             A couple of weeks ago, my sweet coworker, Julie, hosted a shower for me at her house. It was mostly people who I'd worked with or came to know through ACU. Julie and her girls worked so hard on every little detail of the shower, making it all fit my personality. 






 I love the balloons and the stick horse.... and isn't her house cute??

Cute little cupcakes with cowboy hats!

 Delicious strawberry punch


Very pretty and very yummy lemonade cake made by Julie's daughter Mary Kate. She is such a talented baker. And, if you ever have a chance to eat her pound cake- do not pass it up!







Julie had all of the guests write in the little red journal a word for Lorabelle and some blessings that went along with that word. 


The world's cutest decorations.


I loved this little lady on her horse. Her name is Audrey and her horse's name was Morning Glory.... or Lightening Streak, or Astro.... well I don't exactly remember the horse's name, but it's cute!


We got started with a word of prayer, did a little talking to Lorabelle, and then ate some really good sandwiches. 










Then, we opened lots of pink presents!! She got so many nice things from everyone.... we are so blessed to be surrounded by such sweet, giving people!







After I was done opening presents, someone pulled up outside and Julie went out to meet her.


And when I realized who it was, I bawled like a big ole baby.





           Remember when I told you about sweet Anabel Reid? Well, it was her mom Shelly!!
What an amazing surprise! I was so humbled that she came to rejoice in this moment with me. Shelly actually had been preparing to spend this weekend remembering her daughter and looking through pictures with her close friends she was with when she heard the news of the accident. She said Julie asked her about coming and after praying about it, decided this was where she needed to be. She packed up her friends and brought them all to Abilene for their weekend of remembering her daughter. What an example of strength and grace this woman is to me. And how selfless of her to make this event so important as to move her whole weekend to Abilene. I should not really be surprised I guess.... Anabel had to learn from someone how to care so deeply for others. I was very touched to share this special evening with such a special woman. And though the grieving is so very different for someone who lost their child at two days old as opposed to at 19 years old, we both know that pain... 

Shelly brought some really sweet gifts with her... some really cute books, and an engraved bracelet with a little angel. I love it! Such a sweet gift. She also brought me a copy of Heaven is For Real, and asked that if I had already read it, to bless someone else with it. What a great reminder from her to bless others with the hearts we've been having molded by our experiences this year. 





We then got to spend some time in prayer. Julie had everyone gather around me and baby Lorabelle and they took turns praying over us. I cannot tell you how amazing that was, to be surrounded by all of those strong, Godly women who were praying for our health, our hurts, our happiness, my heart being healed, and giving thanks for so many blessings. I could truly feel the Holy Spirit with us and have never felt so surrounded by Him. It was an amazing experience that I will never forget.






        Thank you to my friend Cindy for all of the wonderful pictures to remember the evening by, and many many thanks to all of you who made it such a special day of blessings!

2 comments:

To God be the glory... said...

So sweet. I am so happy blessings were poured out on your family in this way.
Belinda

Kim said...

Oh Marsha...

I am in tears...I can not believe that. What a sweet, selfless woman of God, to come to Abilene to share in your joy and to remember her daughter at the same time. Obviously Anabel learned a great deal from her mom about how to care for others, and I truly believe Lorabelle will be just as fortunate as Anabel because she is also blessed with one amazing mother.

Love you, friend.
Kim