Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hometown Baby Shower!

          Last Sunday, I had yet another baby shower... this time at my hometown church. My friend Heather and her mom, April, wanted to make sure that I had a shower there, so they and five other friends from church hosted the shower on Sunday afternoon at 4th and Elm. They did such a god job on all of the decorations... they were beautiful!






Here are the beautiful hostesses
I love the friendship my Mom has found in many of these women.


And the lovely women in my family


This is Heather and her mom April. I love them!




 My beautiful corsage




I was so glad to have my Mema there, but also so sad that my Gram wasn't with us. 


There were tons of presents.....






It is unbelievable how much this little girl is already spoiled.... almost as much as her Momma has been by all of her sweet friends : ) .




My mom even got a MeMe gift.
She was so excited!


It was so nice to be back in my hometown, visiting all of the people I grew up around. I need that more often!





And I loved hanging out with this girl... she is so fun, and funny, and creative, and giving! And I could tell you some really good stories about her. But I guess I won't since she was so nice and put together such an awesome shower : ).

We have been completely overwhelmed with the love shown to us and our little girl. It has amazed me.... and is teaching me how to be a better giver in so many ways. Thank you all for blessing our family in so many ways, I can only hope to one day be a small blessing for you!

“And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times you may abound in every good work. As it is written, ‘He has distributed freely, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.’ He who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed for sowing and increase the harvest of your righteousness. You will be enriched in every way to be generous in every way, which through us will produce thanksgiving to God.”
II Corinthians 9:8-12 (ESV)
I pray that God continues to teach me to recognize each and every one of my blessings, and to use them to bless others as so many have so richly blessed me!

No comments: