Friday, September 9, 2011

Blessings

I continue to be amazed by the people that the Lord has put into our lives. These people are showing me what it means to serve the Lord, by serving the "least of these." I am just one broken, stumbling woman, trying to find a way to keep my feet on the ground. You will not receive earthy glory for serving me. Likely it will go unnoticed by others. I am just "the least of these." Matthew 25:40 "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." These people have had a profound effect on me, and a profound effect on the way I serve others. Here are some things that y'all are teaching me:


What it means to really pray for someone. I cannot tell you what it means to me to have someone call, or email, or text, or just come tell me that they are praying for me. It gives me strength, and I know that when I feel peace, that is where it comes from. All of you who continue to remind me that you are praying for me.... you are teaching me what it means to carry someone on your heart and daily lift them in prayer. I will never forget one text in particular that I received from a fairly new friend. I texted her to ask her about something and she responded and told me, "I love you guys! I woke up at 2:30 am Friday morning consumed with you and Hank. I prayed til about 4 am! I don't know what was going on, but I know God woke me up thinking about you." My goodness, that gives me chills. To think that God so firmly planted my name and my needs in the heart of someone like that just completely blows my mind. That one statement has changed my life. It forever changed the way I think about prayer. This one woman has taught me what it means to truly pray for someone. I'll have to talk more about her later, she is pretty amazing and has ministered to my heart like no one else.


How much a card or note can lift a spirit
. I love love love getting all the sweet cards in the mail. It brightens my mood. Getting an email in the middle of the day can completely change the way my day is going. I have thought many times before that just sending someone a card wouldn't help them or change anything for them. Now, I see how uplifting that can be.


The Power of scripture
. Many times when I have been feeling so low, one of you sweet sweet friends/strangers leads me to His word. You give me scriptures that give me hope, that pick me back up when I've fallen down again and think I just don't have the strength to get back up this time.
You all are helping to create a better servant of me, showing me how to humble myself to others, and lift others up. And as I serve with a heart being molded by those who are now serving by caring for me, I continue to carry my Hank as my inspiration.


1 Corinthians 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.



The time you've spent laboring over me is not in vain. I am moved by your prayers and actions. They are inspiring me to do more for others, and the Lord is glorified by them.

No comments: