Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring has found my yard....yeah!

Spring is here, spring is here! I love spring.... it is my favorite time of year. I love it because I love flowers and green things and thunder storms. I really love thunder storms and lightening. Lightening amazes me. When I was little, lightening struck our house and made a blue streak all the way down the outside of the house- it was so cool. It also blew the sheet rock in onto my parents and little brother's head where they were sleeping in bed, ruined a few electrical appliances, and filled the house and attic with smoke. That is the only time we've ever had the fire dept come to our house and my poor little brother was made afraid of storms for what could quite possibly be the rest of his life. But that incident, however terrifying, did not deter my love for storms. Any time the clouds roll in you can find me praying for a good thunder storm. Well here are some pictures from my yard with all the things I love about spring....... Enjoy!
Welcome to my garden



I love George



I love this plant, it attracts hummingbirds which I think are soooo cool.



In the background you can see my hot gardener






This is the bench my daddy made me when I graduated from nursing school




This little rose bush is a fighter..... I've had it for over a year and this is only the second rose it
has produced.

4 comments:

Drapes and Interiors Unlimited said...

Marsha, yalls yard looks soo good! Can you help me with mine? :o) ---Heather Osborne

Marsha said...

Heck yes I can I would love an excuse to see you!

Marsha said...

Can you add me to your reader list so I can keep up with your blog?

Drapes and Interiors Unlimited said...

Sure, but I'll have to actually write on my blog :0)