Monday, August 15, 2011

For some people, it seems the voice of God is so clear and so easy for them to hear. I have never had that gift. I pray for guidance, I ask the Lord what I should do, but I don't know that I ever hear the answers. A lot of times people say, "God is calling me to do..." How do I not hear Him? What is wrong with my relationship with Him that I could e unable to hear His voice? Sometimes I have strong feelings about what I should do, such as working with the youth in Tuscola, but how do I know if that is God speaking to me? I find myself questioning, second guessing, and doubting what the Lord wants me to do. How can He reveal His plans for my life to me if I cannot hear them?
I guess I am looking for the literal "voice of God," to speak to me. I cry out to Him, asking for comfort, for guidance that I may see the way out of this deep sorrow and find Joy and Hope in Him. I seek guidance in my day to day life, in the way I treat others, the way I react in situations, and the way I represent myself as a Christian woman and a servant of God. I ask for guidance as I build a legacy for my son to be remembered, since he did not have a chance to build one of his own. Hank's death has changed the way I look at life. I have really come to realize who I should be living for. My days have been passing me by, just getting by not fully glorifying God. I now live with new purpose, striving for the promised land where my sweet baby lives. One thing that I do not doubt is that my son's life was not without purpose, and I will strive every day to fulfill that purpose which I fully believe is to bring others to know God.
I have been having such a hard time lately. It seems my tears never cease to flow. I prayed this morning for strength and to be guided to what the Lord wanted me to hear today as I opened my Bible. This is what I read,
"I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you. I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4
Maybe he does speak to me...... I just need to learn how to listen. So that is what I pray, and what, if you are praying for me, I ask you to pray for me. That I will hear the Lord's words and be confident in them. Be confident that I am hearing his words, and faithful enough to listen.

No comments: