Saturday, December 24, 2011

12 Weeks

Well, I never did get around to posting an 11 week update and I can't believe week 12 is here already!


Countdown: 28 Weeks to GO!




Size: The baby will reach 3 inches this week- about the size of a peach




Development: All over growth in the body this week, the placenta is growing and getting ready to take over nourishing the baby (Whattoexpect.com).  This week, our prayers should be for safe and complete movement of the intestines from their umbilical cavity to the stomach and the development of vocal chords that will give this little one a sweet little voice.




Weight Gain: None that has stuck so far. There are two pounds that come and go, but haven't hung around. But.... no more loss these past two weeks!




Pregnancy Symptoms: Still a little nauseous, some days are worse than others. Still exhausted, but that should get better in the next couple of weeks as I move in to the second trimester. Still have a sore chest, and a new one.... my absolute favorite...... round ligament pains! I really do like them, I'm not just being sarcastic. For every one of those little pains I have, I celebrate. I celebrate because I know that it means that my uterus and my baby are growing! And there just isn't any better feeling than that.


Thank you for your prayers! I've had a peace about this pregnancy that I didn't think was going to be possible, and I know it's because I'm being lifted in daily prayers.

No comments: