Saturday, December 10, 2011

10 Weeks

Today, I am 10 weeks along in my pregnancy. This little baby has so many people praying for it daily, and for that we are so thankful and feel so blessed. I have had several people who pray for our baby daily ask what exactly they need to be praying for. Little hands or feet, eyes or ears? So, I decided to update you every week as to what is developing, so that if you are one of the sweet people praying for this little one, you will know what body parts to pray for.

Countdown: 30 weeks to go!


Size: The baby will be growing from 1 1/2 in, to about 2 in by the end of the week

Development: This week hair follicles are forming and nail beds are forming. Growth is occurring all over, but especially the head which is half the size of the body. The body is lengthening and straightening out. 

Weight gain: down 2 pounds this week. Trying to make the things I do eat count. I'm making myself eat vegetables that I don't care for, eat lots of protein, and drink lots of milk. Hopefully my appetite will improve in the second trimester.

Pregnancy symptoms: nausea, sore chest, need to get up several times in the night to go to the bathroom, and absolute exhaustion. I am thankful for each and every one of these symptoms that remind me there is a little one growing inside me.

Thank you again for each and every one of your prayers. I am so humbled by them, and so so grateful for them. I will leave you with a couple of pictures of my little angel.

                                     This was at 5weeks and 5 days. Just a round, black spot.



Here is the baby at 8 weeks and 3 days. Just under an inch long, little heart beating away, and already moving around in there!

You can still see the cyst that is feeding the baby until the placenta fully develops. It is the round thing to the left of the baby.


With Hank, I didn't have my first OB visit until I was 13 weeks. So I didn't get to see all of these first stages of development. He was already a big, kicking squirming baby by then. Dr. Ogdee and I didn't realize I was that far along, and when he scanned me he said, "Dang, this baby is huge!" So, it is kind of neat to see this baby develop from merely a big ball of cells, into a baby. I'm so ready for it to be big and feel it moving already though. Every day, Nathan says "I just can't wait till she's here. (He's sure its a girl.) This is going to be the longest 9, 8, and now 7 1/2 months of my life!"

I'm praying for peace and patience as we wait for our little one to arrive.

1 Peter 5:6-7  Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,  casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our God is definitely Awesome!!! We pray for you guys daily and am so excited to see all the new developments of the new lil one. I don't think I have ever seen the beginning stages like that on a sonogram before. Blessings to you and your family!!!! Love you, Robin, Ryan and Paiton